There are ghouls, goblins and other scary creatures lurking in the dating world, so beware of these potential nightmares:
- The undead guy who shows up looking like he’s wearing a mask of someone decades older than his online photo.
- The wolfman who morphs from gentleman to masher once the sun — and a drink or two too many — goes down.
- The vampire wannabe who tries to suck your face off minutes after meeting you.
- The zombie who doesn’t crack a smile during the date, uttering only one-word answers to your questions.
- The spider-like man, who seems to have eight arms, all trying to cop a feel.
- The shape shifter who seems mild-mannered, but then he tells you of his kinky preferences and expects you’ll participate fully — tonight.
- The gutter rat who tells you he loves you and you are The One, then disappears without a word.
- The ghost who you can see right through as he tries to woo you with trite platitudes.
- Emotionally unavailable Frankensteins who pull back when the relationship seems to be getting serious.
- The Lost Boys who never want to grow up and have a serious, monogamous relationship, so stay stuck in adolescent behaviors.
How do you avoid being caught in any of these creatures’ spell? Vigilance. Don’t let down your guard until you know for sure he isn’t one of these soul (and heart) snatchers. And, unlike most horror movies, don’t go in creepy places at night alone — or accompanied by one of these guys!
Technorati Tags: dating Internet, dating online, senior dating, bbw dating, mature dating, dating over 50, dating over 40, online dating advice, dating after 40, dating after 50, over 40 dating, 40+ dating, dating after forty