As we enter August, the days get sweltering and we’re reminded of the phrase “dog days of summer.” Using this term and dating together could conjure up men who’ve behaved like dogs, or images of the hottest, most sultry men! And since it’s only the beginning of the month, perhaps sizzling men are to be met during August.
In the last week I’ve experienced reminders of both some of the hottest men I’ve dated, as well as some who behaved dog-like.
- The guy who broke up with me via an IM 18 months ago winked at me on a dating site. Did he really think I’d be interested in getting back with him?
- A former beau, now turned pal, called and we caught up.
- A man I went out with 4 times a year ago wants to get together. We’ve discussed how we’re not a match, but want to continue being pals so see each other every few months.
- A recent beau sent a polarized email accusing me of being passive aggressive and telling me he missed me.
- A man I only saw three times and nicknamed “Dreamboat” in a posting a year ago, emailed yesterday wanting to see me for dinner next week (he’s out of town this week). We talked 7 months ago and I hadn’t heard from him since.
Why are these men appearing in these dog days? Are the beautiful warm days and evenings making them long for someone to share these with? Have they been single for a while and are lonely? Recently broke up with someone and wanting to explore their options?
I can’t be the only one experiencing this. Have you noticed past romantic interests reconnecting now? Or new people appearing more readily? Have you found yourself more actively seeking a sweetie as we move into the last summer month?
Technorati Tags: dating Internet, dating online, senior dating, bbw dating, mature dating, dating over 50, dating over 40, online dating advice, dating after 40, dating after 50, over 40 dating, 40+ dating, dating after forty