I’m not a mom, but have watched my single friends who are dating. I marvel at how they juggle work, kids and their personal lives. Today being Mother’s Day, I wanted to tell all mom DG readers how much I admire you. If you have kids at home, it is so easy to forget about your happiness and focus on them. If you make time to date, you are modeling that you care about your well being which shows your kids not to settle.
My friend Rachel Sarah, author of Single Mom Seeking: Playdates, Blind Dates, and Other Dispatches from the Dating World shares her insights and experiences in her book. She also blogs on her continuing lessons.
Rachel is working on her next book about blended families, meaning any families who attempt to merge, and she wants your help. She says,
So many of my single parent friends are doing it, as they date, find the One, and take the relationship to the next level. When you mix lots of ingredients in the blender, things can get messy. If you’re in a blended family, I’d love to hear from you!
• Are you a single parent who has found The One?
• Are you a single parent who recently got married? Are you living together?
• Are you dating a single parent?
• Are you married to a formerly single parent?
Please tell me what’s most challenging for you about “blending” your lives:
• Has your child/children felt any resentment?
• How do you deal with the ex? The in-laws?
• How do you handle holidays, if you have different customs?
• Have you created new rituals together?
• Who does the disciplining now? One of you? Both of you?
• Have any issues come up involving intimacy?
I’m looking for real stories about how parents in blended families deal with the challenges. Please email me if you have a story to share.
On your my.yahoo.com front page click an the “add content” link, then click the “lifestyle” link, then click the “romance” link. Scroll down, you will find Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 in the top 10! Just click on “add” and all updates will be automatically posted to your front page.
Technorati Tags: dating Internet, dating online, senior dating, bbw dating, mature dating, dating over 50, dating over 40, online dating advice, dating after 40, dating after 50, over 40 dating, 40+ dating, dating after forty