A newly dating gal pal called and wanted some advice. She’s recently become a DG reader and was sharing her few experiences getting her feet wet.
As we chatted and I spewed my advice, I felt like a mix of psychologist and Chinese herbalist. But instead of prescribing a pinch of this and a dollop of that, I doled out postings to read. These are some of the issues we covered, and the prescribed postings.
- Having courage in dating: “What would you do if you were brave?“
- Politely turning away online inquiries: “How to say ‘thanks but no thanks’ to online winks, flirts and teases“
- How to not be seduced by a picture: “Is that you? Pictures are just a rough facsimile of the real thing“
- What to look for in the first phone calls: “The first time … calling him“
- Getting started: “Faux beaus and practice dating“
- When conversation seems strained: “Good conversation is the foundation of great dating“
- When he doesn’t want to talk about things that are important to you: “Are you stingy in dating?“
- When he doesn’t compliment you: “Why men don’t tell you you’re pretty“
- Signs he’s not for you: “First-date red flags that this guy isn’t for you“
- When you’re ambivalent: “Ambivalence” and “Deciding to see him again or not“
- Managing the disappointment of built up hope: “Managing disappointments“
- Looking positively at a break up: “When breaking up is a ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card“
Whew! I’m exhausted from all that amalgamating! I think I’ll brew myself a relaxing potion.
If you’ve got an issue that’s troubling you about dating over 40, we’ve probably covered it! There are 339 postings here now. Just enter a key word in the “Search” box and it will take you to those postings. And if you’ve got an issue we haven’t discussed, please email it to me.
Technorati Tags: dating Internet, dating online, senior dating, bbw dating, mature dating, dating over 50, dating over 40, online dating advice, dating after 40, dating after 50, over 40 dating, 40+ dating, dating after forty