Happy Valentine’s Day!
The spirit of Valentine’s Day is to show others you care about them and, in turn, others will show that you are loved. However, sometimes we need to step back and see how love shows up in our lives in subtle ways.
It’s easy to focus on only romantic love on this day of hearts and roses, yet there are so many aspects of love that can be expressed and felt on this day. A few days ago I talked about how you can be your own valentine in “Dateless for Valentine’s?”
Today I’d like to suggest you notice all the ways the Universe shows you are loved. (I don’t know if you believe in Spirit, Higher Power, Universe, God or some other force that signifies a power greater than humans. If you don’t, just translate the following into terms that make sense to you. I’m going to call the higher power Universe, but substitute whatever word you like.)
What are some of the ways you are blessed? Let me list a few:
- You have income so you can support yourself and have food and shelter.
- You have a roof over your head so you are dry, warm and safe.
- You have clothing to keep you warm and perhaps helps you feel you look good.
- You have friends who care about you.
- You have flowers and trees in your neighborhood to remind you of the beauty of nature.
- You can get around, either on your own power or with an aid.
- You can experience the world through your eyes, ears and/or nose and enjoy what your senses tell you.
- You can communicate through your voice, writing, or body.
- You have challenges, which give you an opportunity to stretch yourself with problem solving and letting go.
- You can read and are computer literate, which opens up untold worlds and opportunities for you.
- You have access to transportation, either a car, bus, subway/underground/metro, taxi, bicycle, motorbike, etc., which enables you to go farther faster.
- You have the ability to see a world filled with love and possibility in many people.
This is just the start of a list of ways you are loved by the Universe. Adapt the above to yourself and add to the list.
The cool thing about this list is the more you list, the more you will notice the love in your life, and guess what — the more you will get!